Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well- I would like to do a more in-depth post, but things have gotten slightly crazy at work. So- my short but sweet version!

As you know I was on vacation last week. It was so nice to have days to myself, lunch plans with friends, time with Hunter, etc. On Friday- I had my first bloggy friend meet up! I am already on a forum where I have met some fantastic friends through the internet so I wasn't nervous at all to meet another person that way too. I met up with Karen and was so excited that we finally made a plan. If you may remember from posting here, Karen and I have so much in common. Our paths have crossed all through our adult life- it isnt even funny. When we made plans, we had to figure out where to meet. we live about 40 minutes from each other, and since we were bloggy strangers, would seem a bit odd to say "hey come on over" though the thought did cross my mind. We met at Chick-Fil-A (yum) because I needed a place that wild man Owen could run freely. I cannot remember the last time we took him to a restaurant (September maybe for my dad's birthday) and he's just at an age where it isn't enjoyable. So- we did Chick-Fil-A because they have a playroom and it worked out perfectly. I got there first and Karen and adorable Jillian showed up and it was instant friendship. No awkwardness- we gave each other a huge hug and sat down to eat. We were there for over 2 hours- we had such a great time! I look forward to many other playdates and fun shopping dates with our new friends. :)

Our weekend in pics:

A fantastic lunch date and shopping partner!

our shopping success- we finally bought boots- and then the temperature hit 59* and all the snow melted... go figure. At least it's Ohio so it will be back.

 In addition to boots- we bought shoes! (do you see a career as a Calvin Klein model in any of these pics?)


If the modeling doesn't work out, he could be a hair dresser?


Here is our lunch date with Karen and Jillian!!!

and here are the babies disinfecting in the tub afterwards from the play area...


New Years Eve brought us a low key night. We had our neighbors Matt and Kerri over along with their 2 year old Adam- Owen's best friend. The cuties in their matching jammies:


Quinlin decided to learn how to climb the stairs this week. lovely...


And aside from that, Owen got sick. I should have known that something was up with all these late night issues we've been having. He was really sick on Saturday- of course, a holiday when the doctor's offices are closed (why does that happen?). So- we got him in for an appointment on Sunday- strep throat and a sinus infection. On meds now so should be on the mend. So- we start the new year off with some sickness, but hoepfully the year brings us health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment