Friday, October 15, 2010

Small World

Do you ever think the world is small? I live my life thinking that things happen for a reason, people come in and out of your lives with a purpose, etc... I attribute where I am today, for example due to having Hunter.

Example- I went to college, had Hunter, left school, started up at local college to finish up, met a friend there who worked for a fortune 500 company, got a job, got referred to current job, moved to be closer to current job...love current job (6 years later) and house.

Example- my girlfriend planned a girls night out 5 years ago... I couldn't go- I didn't have a sitter and figured it wasn't that big of a deal. I got a sitter (neighborhood girl- knew the family) last minute and decided to go out. Met husband who only happened to be out for a bachelor's party and the rest is history. I seriously don't know if I would have met Sean had it not been for that night out.

Ok- blog world...new set of coincidences...

I was reading blogs one day and while reading my friend Gia's blog A Life In Progress I stumbled across Karen's blog Karen at Home and was intrigued. I loved her home decorating, her pregnancy stories and now of course, baby Jillian. Well- we started emailing and holy cow the coincidences...
Not only do we have sweet baby girls close in age, we have found out that...
  • we went to the same college
  • we dated guys who were friends with each other (though we dated them at different times)
  • she lives in the city I used to live in, while I live on the side of town she used to live in
  • we've been to the same parties
  • in college, our sororities were right next door to each other
  • Sean knows her "big" sister in her sorority
  • she went to the same high school as my college roommate
Can the world be any smaller? I started telling Sean of course all of my new coincidences... I think he was afraid I was leaving him for her! He doesn't have to worry- but it's nice to have made a new friend. I have visions of Quinlin and Jillian becoming little buddies one day!

2 comments:

  1. It is such a small world! I have had so much fun chatting with you over the last week. Hopefully we can get our girls together one day to play and we can get together to shop! Have a great weekend!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a seriously small world!!

    I suggested a GTG. Although I do not have a precious little girl to bring, I can bring my pregnant self, lol.

    ReplyDelete