Happy 9 month birthday baby girl (ok two days late)! I cannot believe that she is almost a year old! Time is flying- yet almost standing still at the same time. I dont know if it's because she's my last baby, but I am trying to cherish every moment, a little more so than I did with the others. I look at her and still see my little baby, refusing to acknowledge I think that she's growing up. For example- it's time to start bringing out the convertible car seat. No more infant carrier- could she really be that big? Yes...
We went to her 9 month well visit last night. I was glad we had an appointment scheduled, especially with getting over this ear infection and now learning that she's allergic to amoxicillin (not sure if I posted about this before, but we got a call on Monday that she had completely broken out in a rash). Glad to have had the appointment and had her looked at. Still some fluid in her ears from the infection and the rash is almost gone.
For the stats- my little chunky monkey!!!
- Weight- 20 pounds, 4 oz (75%)
- Height- 26 3/4 inches (25%)
- Head- 16 3/4 inches (10%)
So- she is short, fat with a small head! I seriously thought she was getting taller too! It's neat to look back on where the other kids were (I wish I kept better records when Hunter was a baby). Owen, at 9 months, was 20 lbs, 3 oz and 28.5 inches so about the same weight but taller. At 6 months, Quinlin was 17 pounds, 2 oz and 25 inches. She's definitely growing!
- She has two teeth (bottom front). still waiting on others to pop through.
- She still is in size 3 diapers
- She is now wearing 9 month and 12 month clothing. It's fun to dress her up in all her new outfits (I think I'm going for best dressed baby in her baby classroom).
- She still is on the same eating schedule (4 bottles a day with 5 oz in each and 3 meals a day) and still goes to bed between 8:30-9:00pm each night sleeping until we wake her at 6:30am to go to school or waking up naturally on her own around 7 or 7:30am on the weekends.
- She is not crawling yet, but scootches herself around. She rocks a bit but cant figure out how to get moving. I have a feeling though that this month may show us a bit of mobility.
This was a rough month for her between fevers, the ear infection, the rash, diarrhea... gotta love daycare. But- she's come through all of it being as happy as can be. I seriously can not ask for more- 3 happy, HEALTHY children and a comfy little life. I am truly blessed.
(I had to repost this pic because she looks so stinking cute)
This is from this morning. I tried to get a quick picture of her. She smiled once and then tried to crawl away...
Have a great day!