Monday, February 28, 2011

weekend recap

The weekend started out ok. I had a great time Friday night getting together with my closest girlfriends. It was on the east side of town and with the huge blizzard that we had during the day (work closed down at 1pm), I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it. Luckily by 5pm, the weather was clear. I got there about 7pm and had a great time. There were 7 of us total- laughter and tears. Nice to be able to help with relationship troubles, life decisions, etc. I love my girlfriends. I got home about 12:30am and was awoken at 4am by Hunter who was throwing up. I am not good with vomit, at all, so Sean to the rescue. His illness caused us to have to cancel on  meeting Charlie. :(

Sean's parents came over Saturday afternoon to see the kids. We had takeout for dinner and a nice visit. Sunday rolled around and I didn't feel all that great so spent a good portion of the day laying around- which is hard to do with 2 babies. Hunter was feeling better so ended up going to his playoff basketball game. Sean took him and I stayed home with Quinlin who was getting a fever. I knew something was up when she sat in my arms with her white fuzzy blanket and didn't move for a half an hour.


Sean took Owen to the game and fed him treats to keep him sitting, but the treats ran out at halftime. Hunter scored a last minute basket (yay!) and that was all the game Sean was able to see as Owen wanted to go in the play area.

They came home, I made fajitas and enjoyed the Oscars. Quinlin went to bed but still had a slight fever. This morning she woke up, kind of warm, so we gave her medicine and figured we'd attempt the day at daycare. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I pulled into the daycare parking lot, Owen puked. Ugh! So- I basically did a u-turn and Sean turned around from work (I couldn't miss today) and met me at home to take care of the kids.

What a day. I'm hoping the illnesses pass quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment