Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

Low key is the best way to describe our weekend. Friday night Sean ended up working later than normal and then had to drive his snowmobile to the far east side to get fixed. I decided to celebrate Owen's half birthday with some happy half birthday cupcakes.

He loved them- I just felt bad that we "celebrated" without Sean. He didn't get home until about 10pm so I spent my time catching up on my dvr once the kids were in bed.

Saturday morning was nothing worth noting, except for Owen's creativity. The babies were eating bagels and all of a sudden Owen started talking about how his bagel was shaped like a moon (in the crescent shape) and then like a dinosaur. Then- it looked like an elephant and he started making little elephant noises with the "trunk". So creative- and clever.


My parents came over for lunch and to see the kids and then headed home early to avoid the bad weather that was coming. The weather got so bad, my friend Megan had to cancel a jewelry party she had planned. Selfishly I was glad she cancelled because Hunter had a basketball game and I didn't want to miss it. I missed last week's because his dad's side all came to the game so I felt like I could skip it. His team is now 5-0 and won on Saturday 41-21. Hunter had his best game of the year as well- 4 points, 2 assists and 3 rebounds. He had been the only kid on his team to not have scored yet, so when he made the first basket, the crowd erupted, the kids on the bench stood screaming, the coaches arms went to the air. I was so excited for him. The same reaction happened with his second shot too. After the game, everyone was congratulating him- calling him MVP, etc. He was thrilled.

Superbowl Sunday consisted of me venturing out with the three kids to Target because I had a return to make. I was there for about 40 minutes, 40 minutes too long. 35 of those minutes looking for Hunter throughout the store and at the end getting nervous because I couldn't find him and had to have his name called over the overhead speaker system. He was in the electronics- where I knew he was and I kept walking by, but he was at an end cap so I couldn't see him as I strolled back and forth in front of the department. We then rushed out of there as Owen was in full tantrum mode because he saw a toy cat that he wanted but that I had no urge to spend $20 on.
stupid purring cat caused a tantrum the entire car ride home.
Sunday Owen and Sean played outside while Hunter, Quinlin and I watched.
And then Sunday night Sawsan & Mike along with Jennifer came over to watch the Super Bowl. We let Hunter off his grounding to watch as well and we all had a great time in the basement watching. The game itself, was better than the commercials. And- the Packers won so it made it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment