Tuesday, July 19, 2011

African Safari Wildlife Park

This weekend we went to the African Safari Wildlife Park. I had always heard of it but never gone, so was excited when we woke up one morning and Sean brought it up. We got the kids ready and I tried to make them pose for photos:



The photos were not working so we hopped in the car and drove to the park. It is near Sandusky- so took us about an hour and a half (maybe a little less to get there). Oh my goodness it was so fun! The animals just come up to your car and you feed them. They give you a free cup of feed and carrots, but we bought extras as well. Next time we go, we'll bring our own carrots.






This dude freaked me out. I was so busy watching Sean out of his window and I turned, and all of a sudden this animal was in my face.

and the buffalo- were BIG!





Owen warmed up to the idea of them. was a little freaked out at first.





After the drive through safari, we picnicked at the park and then walked around in the little mini zoo area. We saw ducks.
 and monkeys

 and porcupines.



yeah- our car needs a good bath afterwards.... this is what is left from the Buffalo (gross).

They also had camel rides, pony rides and pig races. Such a fun place that I cannot wait to go back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment