Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap- Crazy Stupid Love

We had a really nice weekend. On Friday, we ventured out to dinner at Olive Garden. For those of you who know me, or if I've written this before, it's rare when we take the kids to dinner because they are crazy (well not Hunter at least). But- they are now getting to an age where they will sit and listen, or be entertained by crayons or our phones (it's sad when Owen can go direct to youtube for the Simpsons or Football hits to entertain himself). After dinner we came home and attempted family movie night in the basement. We had rented The Other Guys from netflix. Not so much a fan. I didn't even finish it.

On Saturday, we went to feed ducks in the morning and walked around a local park and then I went off with my girlfriends that night. I saw Crazy Stupid Love- and loved it!


I think it's my second favorite movie of the summer so far (first being Horrible Bosses). It was a really cute flick- and I now think I have a thing for Ryan Gosling- yummy! After the movie, we went to TreBelle for dinner. I had never been there before and always wanted to go. It's next door to Ken Stewarts Lodge and was as fantastic as that restaurant is. Well...let me re-phrase. We got there at 7:30pm. By 9pm, we still hadn't gotten our food. The manager came over and apologized and said the computers had gone down. They said our meals and drinks were on the house and could she get us another round. How nice was that? They definitely made right of the situation. And none of us complained- it was just nice to visit with everyone that I honestly didn't notice the time it was taking for the food.

Sunday was more low key. The kids played in the pool, we napped, and then my parents came over. We celebrated my mom's birthday with dinner at Creekside and then had Oreo pie at home. Sean's sister stopped over as well to drop off Owen's birthday gift (needed to hide it in the basement).

This week shouldn't be as busy at work for me. I just need to find some time to go birthday shopping for Owen. Oh my goodness...the kid is going to be 3. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment