Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What we've been up to

We've been a little missing lately. Life just kind of caught up with us. A brief recap (in bullets because it's easier for me today)
  • Quinlin got sent home from daycare a week ago for illness (again). So- I worked from home last Thursday and Friday. It was so nice to spend extra one on one time with her. I love having a daughter. I did have to get into the office briefly on Thursday so I brought her with me and she proceeded to entertain everyone who played with her. She loved being there- and was so good. The cutest was when she planted herself outside of one of our Executive Vice Presidents Office and then finally went in when a meeting was done and played with him on his floor. She loved him! After work, we left to go to Babies R Us for a baby present for my girlfriend's shower and then had lunch together at Boston Market. We went to the doctor who just said it was viral and she was fine. On Friday, we did some more shopping together (Target and Kohl's) and she was awesome- and on the mend.
  • Saturday my parents came over in the morning and early afternoon. We had lunch and played with the kids. Once the kids went down for a nap, we watched Morning Glory.

    It was a cute movie. My dad brought it over and I had been wanting to see it anyway (it's in my netflix queue). I thought Harrison Ford was awful in it- boring and too gruff but I did enjoy Diane Keaton. I also thought it would have been cute with Jennifer Garner in it instead of Rachel McAdams. But- some funny moments so worth the see- just glad I waiting until it was out on DVD.
  • Saturday night we went out for our monthly group night out. There were 9 of us total and we went to Harry Buffalo downtown. The plan was to do the bar and then the hockey game but once at the bar, half the group decided they didn't want to watch hockey. I was pretty bummed. I had never been and was looking forward to it. But- we had fun anyway. After Harry Buffalo we went to Flannery's and hung there for the rest of the night. Good times.
  • Sunday was an absolute gorgeous day here and we spent the entire day outside. It hit about 80* and my kids played the entire day. we cleaned out my car, went on a wagon ride, went on a walk in the stroller, the boys played football. It was perfect. Sean's parents came over for a little bit in the afternoon as well. Always nice to see them. His dad's dementia is kicking in and he's not remembering a lot lately. He spent the day troubled because he couldn't figure out who his fourth child was (there are only 3 of them) and kept asking who some guy was (that we couldn't figure out). He also had a funny conversation with Hunter-
    • "what's your name?"
    • "Hunter"
    • "I don't like that name. I think I'll call you Michael... or maybe Robert"
  • Hunter's been doing well with track. He's had 3 meets so far. He's only running the mile- so far he's been pretty consistent. 7 mins, 34 seconds, next meet 7 minutes, 26 seconds, and the last meet 7 minutes, 30 seconds. Hopefully by the end of the season, he can push himself to maybe just under 7 minutes. I love that he's out there doing it!
  • The week has been flying by at work. I have been absolutely swamped. Either in the office or running errands, I feel very far behind- and very motivated to get my stuff done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon, you have been so busy! I miss chatting with you, I feel like I fell off the planet for two weeks. I am back at work for the first time today and getting caught on blogs during my lunch hour. Hopefully we can get caught up soon!