Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tell All Tuesday

  • We looked at the one house we had been eyeing last night after work. It was awful and disappointing. Had such promise... was a large home, 5 bedrooms, 4500 square feet and due to the fact that it was a short sale, the price was right. We got there and looked through it and although there were some pros (nice hardwood floors, wainscoting, nice outside structure) the cons definitely outweighed everything... no back yard, up on a hill and the back yard sloped down into a ravine, awful layout- a teeny tiny living room with what they considered the great room to be in the basement. weird layout- you had to walk through the laundry room to get to the bathroom, the master was small, the garage was small. So- in the end, this was not a house for us.
  • which now leads to us thinking- maybe it's best to stay where we are... our house is nice and only 7 years old. We have already done things to it to not look so cookie cutter- finished the basement, full bath in basement, granite in the kitchen, slate floors, working on the bar- just picked the stone for it. So- with the rearranging of the furniture and placement of trinkets, I do like it much better. Maybe we buy in a few years when financially things are better for us.
  • Aside from the house stuff consuming me, things are going well. Hunter went to his grandpa's on Sunday where I get a text message from him showing his front tooth that he had chipped a few years ago had the cap fall off. So- I had to rush him in to the dentist in the middle of the day. I didn't mind- it gave me extra one on one time with him in the afternoon.
  • Quinlin was in a horrible mood yesterday- just overly tired when she finally got home from daycare and ate dinner. She cried through her entire bath (so not like her) and couldn't wait to go to bed. I missed my smiley baby...so will share my smiley little girl from the other day:
    • 
  • The weather here is teasing us.... nice and mid 60's to cold and in the 40's the next day. I'm so ready for spring!
  • We are getting on our ebay kick again. I listed a pair of Owen's nike's that he barely wore, a boppy and a pair of new baseball cleats that Hunter never wore. Ebay and I have a love hate relationship. I love the thrill of selling things- but hate having to put the work into it. But- we do need to get rid of so many things around the house. I have a few items on Craigslist now too. Next week I hope to list a few other things that I don't need anymore. Let's hope I can stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment