Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had such a nice weekend- a weekend with nothing to do and nowhere to be. I think we need more of those. It had been a rough week with bad colds and on Friday, I had no voice. It started with the sexy voice (remember the Friends episode when Monica was sick and Phoebe wanted the sick voice because it sounded better for her "smelly cat" song?). I had the sexy voice- which quickly turned to no voice which even quicker turned to a voice that sounded like an animal was dying.

My parents came over on Friday to take Hunter for the weekend so we asked for them to stay and watch Quinlin for a little while so we could take Owen to the Jumpyard. Hunter wanted to come too- I had such a great time with my boys. Who wouldn't enjoy themselves in a huge room of inflatables?


Owen looks thrilled, doesn't he?

Hunter loved trying to run up this slide.

Owen loved to bounce.

And loved this slide too.

It was a fun night- followed by lots of disinfecting when we got home.

The rest of the weekend was full of errands- Home Depot, Lowe's, Pier 1, Bed Bath & Beyond, Marc's, Sam's Club. You name it- we shopped there.

We also organized the front closet and have been compiling a good will bag and an eBay pile. If I can get things organized and sold, in addition to paying off Sean's truck (5 more payments), we can get a cleaning lady and possibly re-do our living room. Let me tell you- I am motivated to clean!

Saturday night we watched (finally) the Hurt Locker. I was looking forward to seeing it- but watched it and didn't understand the point. Oh well...

My parents came over for dinner Sunday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies- and I even prepped our chicken for tonight's dinner. After all the shopping we did this week, we shouldn't be eating out anytime soon (and that will allow us to save more). Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Um, I want to know what you bought! And what are you selling on EBay??

    ReplyDelete