Thursday, March 24, 2011

We've Come a Long Way Baby

I was driving into work this morning enjoying my peace and quiet after I dropped the babies off to daycare. For some reason, my mind started turning to when I bought my house. It must be all this house stuff and the closure I'm feeling with realizing that we are probably in it for the long haul.

I was remembering the days when it was just Hunter and I. The house was plenty big for the two of us- in fact- he had taken over 3 of the 4 bedrooms with all his stuff.

Gosh he seemed so tiny then...

When we bought the house and the new furniture, I had a heck of a time trying to find a kitchen table I liked. Nothing "fit" to what I wanted. So- we went without. We spent many of nights picnicking on the kitchen floor eating our dinners in the large open space. I look back now and think what a long way we have come. Those days seem like forever ago- just the two of us. I miss those days- the closeness of Hunter depending on me only, the easy conversations we had because life was simpler then... though, I look forward to the days we have ahead and what an amazing young man he is turning into.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Honey, don't get me started.
    CHERISH THEM ALL.
    I get teary eyed thinking about it.
    Like this morning, as my son drove off to school. :(

    ReplyDelete