Monday, September 27, 2010

SOYCZ

My new thing- stepping out of your comfort zone! Recently, after being inspired in a cheesy, corny way by my friend Tara at http://www.pineapple-grass.blogspot.com/, I decided to start stepping out of my comfort zone. I dont know how she did it, but every once in a while, she would post restaurant reviews and what she and her husband ate, etc. I started noticing, she would order different items wherever they went. I am pretty predictable. I go to a restaurant, I order a steak...all.the.time!

So- I went to Champps about a month ago and ordered a bruschetta cheeseburger. It was amazing! (I am in a big tomato kick lately so it really hit the spot). So- I had a thought... dont order what my husband will think I'm going to order. Step outside the box. Try something new. So- I started getting tomato, mozzarella and basil salads... and started ordering them at different restaurants. Amazing. again- tomatoes.

I went to Houlihan's and ordered the stuffed chicken breast with veggies and mashed potatoes. The chicken breast was stuffed with garlic-herb cream cheese. It was so good. This got me thinking- the next time I go out to try something new.

So- Friday night, we had a much needed date night and went to Bonefish Grill. We hadnt been there before. I am not much of a seafood person, will eat fish if its mild, but am up for trying things!


We looked at the menu and we were set! We ordered baja fish tacos as an appetizer and split them.
They were amazing... I could have eaten more. They were cajun grilled and had a mango salsa. The perfect mix of flavorings. For our dinner, we ordered the ocean mixed grill- dinner for two. We figured that was the best way to try everything... it came with jumbo shrimp and scallops, chilean sea bass, wild grouper, salmon, two sides (we ordered asparagus and mashed potatoes) and we each got a salad. I loved it. The shrimp and scallops were cooked in a pan asian sauce and were my favorite, while Sean enjoyed the grouper the most. It was such a great night- and I was so proud of myself for SOYCZ- stepping outside of your (my) comfort zone!
The rest of our weekend was great! Did some shopping, H had a cross country meet (scored 17:25- 1 minute faster than his last meet and 2 minutes faster than when he ran the course a year ago) and lots of laundry. I dont know how we manage to get 8-10 loads of laundry a week. I realize we're a family of five, but I didnt realize how much space in a washer even the little people's clothes are!
Looking forward to the week ahead- we have a menu going for the week to avoid eating out, two cross country meets, and a concert. Should be busy and fun!
Taken from http://fatcontrolfreak.blogspot.com- here is our menu planning monday!
Sunday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Monday- Jack Daniels Pork Loin, baked potatoes
Tuesday- kids are eating pizza or fish sticks
Wednesday- tacos
Thursday- chicken and pasta
Friday- chicken fajitas

No comments:

Post a Comment