Friday, April 9, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

well- yesterday started out normally. I was sitting in my office and a co-worker asked how the kids were. I gladly talked about all of them, that they were finally healthy, etc. Not 2 hours later, I got a call from the daycare telling me that Quinlin was now sick. She had a temperature of 102.5 and needed to be picked up right away. I was in the middle of a construction meeting about my office space when the call came. At that moment, I started to feel very torn about being a careerwoman and being a mom. I wanted to rush to the daycare and scoop my baby up, but I couldnt. I couldnt be "that girl" who is never in the office because of her kids. So- luckily Sean was able to grab her.

I rushed home from work to relieve Sean as he had to go and pickup his new snowmobile that he had just purchased off of Craig's List. As soon as I walked through the door with Owen, Sean was ready to leave. Poor Quinny was irritable/tired/stressed and just couldnt get comfortable. I held her and rocked her while Hunter entertained the terror...ahem, Owen. Speaking of which...

Hunter came home! yay! It felt like he was away for ever. I know it was only a week, but I am so glad to have him home. I pulled in the garage and Hunter opened the door. I pointed him out to Owen and he absolutely squeeled with delight. he missed him so much! Hunter came and pulled Owen out of the car and played/entertained him while I took care of Quinlin.

Her temperature seems to be going down but we're still having her go to the pediatrician so that we know its nothing more than what Owen had and not her ears or anything. I think between all the ear infections that I have been through between Hunter and Owen, I'm slightly gunshy.

Looking forward to the fact that today is friday. I cant wait for the weekend. It's not even like we have a lot planned, but nice to have some time around the house, especially since we were away last weekend for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment