Friday, November 16, 2012

Favorite Main Dish Recipes- Chicken Curry in a Hurry

Linking up with Kelly's Korner today for the show us your life series- Main Dish Recipes. I wish I had a picture of this yummy goodness that I actually took, but the stock photo will have to do. My sister in law introduced it to me after finding it online and I am passing it on here.

Chicken Curry in a Hurry
source: simplyrecipes.com
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_curry_in_a_hurry/



Ingredients


• 1 Tbsp corn, grapeseed, or olive oil

• 1 medium onion, sliced

• Salt and freshly ground pepper

• 1 ½ teaspoons yellow curry powder, or to taste

• 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 ½ pounds)*

• 1 cup sour cream

• Minced fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish



Method

1 Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions (and optional raisins), sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.

2 Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.

3 Add the sour cream and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.

Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with rice.

Serves 4.


This recipe is so good. I don't use the raisins and I think I cook it backwards. I cook the onions and then remove them completely from the pan (I dont like anything touching raw chicken even though it all gets cooked). Once onions are cooked, I cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, I add the onion back in and continue on with the sour cream. I can never get enough of the sauce and the onions and just how truly easy and fast it is to make. My whole family likes it- especially Owen. Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment