Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Phoenix wedding getaway

We had a fantastic little getaway last weekend and made our way to Arizona. Hunter stayed with my parents and Owen and Quinlin spent the weekend with my mother in law and sister in law. All the kids did so well- they didn't even miss us. Hunter enjoyed his time away. He's slightly grounded for his grades right now, so to be able to hang out with grandparents who spoil him was much preferred than hanging out with me.

We had a wedding in Phoenix of one of Sean's really good friend's Pat. They are like brothers and Sean had the honor of being the best man. We arrived Friday morning and Pat's dad greeted us at the airport and brought us to the hotel. We had lunch there with about 10 other people. It was great meeting new friends and spending time with Pat's family. That night, the rehearsal dinner was at their home and was a really good BBQ. My night ended early though as I didn't feel well. :(



The groomsmen gifts were customized cornhole boards. Aren't those awesome?
On saturday, Sean went golfing with Pat and his dad so I had the whole day to myself. I woke up, had breakfast with some of the groomsmen and their significant others and then went to the pool for a little while. My friend Jill was also in Phoenix, so she picked me up at the hotel and we went to lunch and did some shopping at Scottsdale Quarters. I made it back to the hotel in time to shower and get ready for the wedding.

The wedding was fantastic. They had it at the Aldea and Lisa and Pat truly thought of everything. They are an incredibly sweet couple and we had a blast!

Thank you Pat and Lisa for letting us share this day with you. And for Sean to be able to take such an important role!

We flew home the next morning after a quick breakfast with Pat's family and couldn't wait to get home to our kids. It was nice to get away, but even better to get home!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I just saw this! So glad you guys were able to be here :)

    ReplyDelete