Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and Sweet Sweet Ainsley

Overall we had a nice mother's day weekend. We were pretty low key, hung out with the neighbors and their kids quite a bit and stayed around the house mostly. My parents came over on Saturday and that was nice. Owen didn't quite warm up and was kind of a bear from waking up from his nap, but Quinlin was sweet as pie and loved the visit. She is at an absolutely adorable age right now.

On Sunday, Sean had the kids color me a card and then we went to the mall for lunch and to do a little mother's day shopping. He got me 2 pairs of earrings, a necklace, 2 tops and a pair of crop pants. It was nice to shop, though next time will leave the kids at home (well Hunter can still come). Owen got a little mini door style basketball hoop and was so funny about it. He said the mall gave it to him and when we asked him who, he said the mallers. hilarious. We stopped briefly at Sean's mom's to give her a card and then were on our way. We hung around the house and ordered take out for dinner and then I settled in for my Desperate Housewives finale. Not sure how I feel about it. Sad it's ending- was a staple to my Sunday evenings.

Also this weekend I saw some sad news. One of the mom's on one of my local mommy's boards has been through what no other mother should ever have to go through. Jen is one of the strongest people I have ever met. She was pregnant with twins and the day before the scheduled c- section, lost baby Evelyn. She was delivered sleeping and Ainsley was delivered at a fighting 2 pounds, 3 ounces. She spent her entire life in the nicu/picu and on Saturday at almost 17 months, passed away. She had gotten sick earlier in the week and couldn't fight the infection and was too weak to keep going and died in Jen's arms, with Mark right beside them. It was such a heartbreaking story to hear. We were driving to the grocery store and I checked on facebook and all of a sudden started seeing status updates from friends posting the sadness. I quickly went to the mommy board and read of her passing. and then I cried. It hit me so hard. I've met Jen and Mark once and they are the nicest people. I cannot imagine what they are going through. Words cannot express. But I will say, Ainsley touched me, as I followed her story from before she was born. I looked forward to Jen's facebook posts and pictures she would post. Her smile was infectious and I always found myself smiling whenever I saw new pictures or Jen would say new funny things she would do. Rest in peace, sweet sweet Ainsley. You will be forever missed.

I hugged my children tighter this weekend and counted my blessings.

From Jen's blog: Maybe if You Just Relax

Please keep the Knepper family in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment