Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Big Bar Mitzvah

Hunter had his big Bar Mitzvah on Saturday. He did amazing! i was so proud to see all the hard work he put in actually come together. He was poised and confident, fluent and proud. My sister worked with him for hours over the phone in the weeks leading up to the big day. I can't thank her enough for the time she put in.







He was relieved to get it over with and I think genuinely enjoyed himself and the luncheon we had afterwards. I worked on making the luncheon creative, simple and nice. I didnt want Hunter to feel like because he didnt have friends there, it wasn't a party for him. We ordered nice centerpieces and named the 6 tables using the letters of Hunter's name.Pine Ridge did an absolutely amazing job. They were so great to work with and the food, yet again, was incredible. We had leftovers galore though so used them the following day for Mothers Day so we didnt need to cook. The ceremony itself was about an hour long followed by a brief oneg before we headed over to the reception luncheon. Finished up about 3pm and we came home and crashed. My girlfriend was in town from Texas so I went to my friend Amanda's house to visit with everyone. It's always nice when we're able to get together. Debbie comes in about 1 to 2 times a year to visit relatives and its extra special when we get to see her as well. I dont really see Kelley and Amanda unless Debbie is in town. So- always nice to catch up and watch our kids play/grow up together. While I was there, Sean took Hunter to see:

Iron Man 2. I wish I would have been able to go with them because I loved the first Iron Man. My love for Robert Downey Jr goes back to the Back to School days with Rodney Dangerfield. He was adorable in that, but I digress. I'm glad Sean took Hunter- it was a nice night for them and a great way for Hunter to end his special day.

Sunday was mother's day. Once again, another holiday where I wished a happy day to me first to remind my household. I didnt need anything gift wise, I have everything I could ever wish for. But- one day, I would like to wake up to someone else saying it first. we'll see how my birthday plays out this year (as hands rub together).


No comments:

Post a Comment