Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Croup

We had Quinlin's birthday party on Sunday and I cannot wait to post the pictures, but the memory card reader I bought for my camera doesn't work. So- will post as soon as I have access to the pictures. In the meantime, I have been reminded what it was like when we had a newborn and all the sleepless nights. Owen has croup- again. He had a slight barky cough Sunday night and then Monday night it was full blown croup. Croup so bad that I almost took him to the pediatric emergency room as he was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't catch a breathe. He calmed down for the most part after 2 hot showers and a trip in the cold air. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he was given the steroid to take. The steroid has made him better, but the side effects, not so fun. Nightmares. Last night was our first nightmare we've had to deal with. He woke up around 3am crying and said in his dream, daddy left him. Sean, feeling horrible, spent the rest of the night in his bed.

Quinlin then woke up at 5:15 ready to watch Dora. No pretty lady. 5:15 is not acceptable so I laid her down and got her back to sleep. Thank goodness these nights are few and far between. I think the bags under my eyes are quite large and not something I would like to keep around.

Hoping for a good night sleep tonight. My poor house is a wreck as by the time we're done with dinner, we just want to relax, and go to bed by 9pm. Thank goodness for the DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment