Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pasta- a Recipe

I was on facebook the other day and a girlfriend posted about what she had just made for dinner. She got the recipe from Hope's blog- A Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures. The recipe was so good so I wanted to post it here as well.

I will post based off of her recipe, but did make a few changes...

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 2 lbs or so), cut into pieces
2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
3/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (You know, the orange kind! I used mild, but you could use hot!)
1 medium Red Onion, chopped finely (I didn't have red so I used a yellow onion)
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (I used probably 3/4 cup Ranch- I was afraid of too much zing)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
I also added 1/4 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese- not in the recipe but a really good add on
1 lb. Penne pasta, cooked (I didn't have penne so I used whole wheat Rotini)

I tried to take pictures as I went but totally forgot. Season the chicken with the garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.


Place in crock pot with the two cans of soup, wing sauce (I used Frank's red hot) and the onions

Mix well together

 Cook on low for 7-8 hours (or high 3-4 hours). I cooked for about 7 1/2 hours on low and then started boiling the water and cooked the Rotini. Once the Rontini was done, I drained the pasta and mixed it in to the chicken along with the other ingredients. I mixed well and cooked for about 10 more minutes. 


The end result
It was really, really good. A keeper recipe for sure. I will say, it made a huge amount. It fed the three of us for dinner (O and Q just had plain pasta for dinner) and Sean still had 3 good size portions that he took to work the next day for his co-workers to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my list to try....but I was worried about how hot it would be. Love the idea of adding the cream cheese though. Okay, it's getting put back on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding this to my must-try list!

    ReplyDelete