Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday already?

Where did the week go? I didn't even have a chance to write about our weekend last weekend and it's already approaching the weekend today. So- quick Labor Day weekend update. Friday I went to my friend Vedrana's wedding. I believe there were about 500 people. It was Croatian- a ton of family and friends who all belonged to the same Church/ hall and it wasn't assigned seating. Yikes! We walked in and found a table by the bar and plopped ourselves down. We instantly made friends with the two couples who sat with us and had a fabulous time. I also ran into an old co-worker there and it was so nice to catch up with her.

Saturday Sean took the babies to the farm to spend time with his mom and help her pack for the big move. My sister came into town from Indiana so we ventured out for the day. We brought Hunter with us who was bored to death. Shopping not totally his cup of tea. My sister was looking for interview attire, so most of our day was spent at Limited, Express and Ann Taylor trying on suiting. At about hour 2, I gave him money and he went to the movies and saw Shark Night. At about hour 5, we were done. But- I got some really cute clothes as well- a few tops, 2 pairs of pants and some jewelery.

Sunday was a day of food shopping in the morning and then an engagement party for our friends Pat and Lisa. They live in Arizona and the wedding will be there next spring and Sean is the Best Man. It was so nice for me to finally meet Lisa. We are so happy for them. The party was a lot of fun, despite the weather.

Monday morning Sean went golfing and I got caught up around the house. We went to my parents that afternoon for a cookout and Owen was a holy terror. Not listening, pushing Quinlin, throwing things, etc. It was awful. It was a nice time but we couldn't get out of there fast enough. It always comes back to bite me when I mess with nap time.

The week went pretty fast at work. Lots to do and I did get a ton done. I'm hoping to finish a few projects today and organize my office and then be done for the weekend. Tonight- Owen starts soccer. We cannot wait. I stopped at the store yesterday to buy him soccer socks, shin guards and a ball. Bummer of it all? Sean left the video camera at his mom's. I am going to have to use our regular camera and hope we can get some decent videos.

The rest of the weekend looks to be low key. We were supposed to go out Saturday night but our sitter cancelled and then we have the football game on Sunday. Go Browns!

No comments:

Post a Comment