Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Quinlin- 3 year well visit

Quinlin had her 3 year well visit last night. Can I first add how much I love our pediatrician??? Like really love her. She is so kind, sweet, good with the kids, personable, etc. She walked into the room and mentioned that she loved our Christmas card we sent her, asked how Sean's ice fishing was going, talked to Owen and asked if she could still fix anything (and gave the example of the basketball hoop). I love how much she knows our family- that we don't feel like just a number in the wide clinic system.

First the important stats:
Height-3 feet, 2 inches or 38 inches (65%)
Weight 35 lbs (84%)

She is on a nice curve of slimming down a bit which was nice to see. I can definitely tell she's getting taller and thinning out. She's only 2 or 3 pounds lighter than Owen- haha. Owen at her age was 32 1/2 lbs and 37 1/2 inches. So she's a tad taller and weighs more than he did.

She did so well at the appointment. She got her blood pressure checked for the first time:
Her doctor checked her out and thought everything about her was fantastic (of course). And then we all chuckled when she asked if I had any concerns and I didn't because the 3rd child is always the breeze. You finally feel like you know what you are doing!
She looked like such a big girl in her little gown. She was so funny during the appointment too- kept telling Owen it wasn't his appointment and that he needed to not be on the exam table. After the doctor was finished, we went down the hall for her vision screening. She had to stand on a line and look across to a chart, cover one eye and tell the nurse what she saw. I was a little nervous that maybe she wouldn't be able to answer, but then I remembered what a smart girl she was. She knew everything- every star, moon, circle (though she said the letter O for circle), flag, mug, etc. And then I thought, why did I doubt her? She's a superstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment