Leading up to three has been amazing. We had some rough go's in the terrible two's, and I know she's well on her way to becoming a threenager, but she really has grown into this amazing little girl. No more toddles, but a full blown little girl with her own, large personality.
(example- image below- you want a picture? Ha- not posing)
And she is beautiful- so incredibly full of inner beauty.
Though have you seen this amazing hair?
She is so incredibly sweet, hilarious and so caring. She is very maternal, and very protective. She really has come into her own. She's opinionated and independent.
- She's been potty trained for about 2 months now, and has done fabulous. She really picked it up like it was nothing and there was no turning back, and also no need to. A few accidents here and there at night time, but nothing to speak of. Thank you to Miss Essie at school for getting this girl trained!!!
- Not much has changed between 2 and 3 growth wise. She is in 3T clothes and size 8 shoes. I know she will be getting into size 4's pretty soon (at least for shirts).
- I am not sure how tall she is as her physical is in a few weeks, but I'm guessing she 's about 34 or 35 pounds. She is getting pretty tall and losing her little chubbiness.
- Her hair is darkening up a bit- and is soooo long (it gos down to her shoulder blades- would you have guessed?)
- Friends are starting to be very important to her. She loves her friends at school- Claudia, Olivia, Joseph (who in fact gave her a Tinkerbell doll for her birthday this morning), Matthew, Nora, Morgan and she of course, loves Troy.
- She loves her dollies, her animals, her teeny tiny blankets (aka baby washcloths that she uses for her dolls), Eeyore.
And as tradition, I did the birthday quiz with her asking the same questions I plan to ask each year. I've been asking Owen the past two years, so time to start with Quinlin. Here are her responses at age 3:
1. What's your name? Quinlin Olivia (our last name here)
2. How old are you? 3 (proudly holding 3 fingers)
3. Where do you live? at home
4. what is your favorite color? purple
5. what do you want to be when you grow up? a robot and a mommy
6. who is your favorite person? Mama
7. who's your best friend? Owen and Daddy
8. what is your favorite tv show? Dora
9. what is your favorite food? Steaky! (aka steak. this girl is definitely my daughter)
10. what is your favorite drink? milk
11. what do you like to do for fun? play
12. what do you like to play outside? well... we didn't quite answer that one. She has enjoyed sledding a lot this year, but she didn't really come up with an answer on her own.
13. what is your favorite song? How I wonder (which I believe is Twinkle Twinkle)
14. what is your favorite movie? Tangled
15. what is your favorite book? Pete the Cat
Happy birthday little girl! Celebratory and party post to follow!