Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

We had such a great weekend. I cant believe its over and I'm already back to sitting in front of the computer. On Friday, I left work at 1pm (early dismissal) and headed home to meet Sean. We went to Cozumel for lunch and sat out on the back patio. So nice to have a little date! By the time we were done with lunch, we came home and met Hunter who just came home from school and grabbed our clubs and went to the driving range. So fun! Me and two of my favorite boys. Came home and had a visit from my parents who wanted to see the kids before we left town. We hung out that night with the neighbors. I will say, I love watching owen play with the neighbor kids and socializing with everyone while drinking a few cocktails in the drive way. We really do love the people (most of them) in the neighborhood. Owen wasnt quite acting like himself though and we couldnt figure out why. He kept wanting to climb into the stroller for walks and even when we would stroll him back, he didnt want to get out and play. We didnt think anything of it, until he woke up at 12:30am after throwing up in his bed. Poor thing. After getting him resituated, bed stripped, everything in the laundry, I think we were back to bed by 2 and wouldnt you know it, Quinlin wanted to hang out. I had to keep going down the hall to give her the binky and she would laugh and laugh. I'm glad she thought it was funny. I did not.

Saturday we debated about going to the farm but Owen was acting fine so we packed everyone up and got down there about noon. It was great. We hung out, Sean fished, the kids played in the kiddie pool (though it took Owen about an hour to decide if he was going to go in it or not). It was so much fun to see them interact with Gracie. I cannot wait until they all play together (and actually know they are playing together).

Sunday we hung out and then Sean, Hunter and I went to a little golf course near the farm (par 3) and golfed 9. It was my first time out for the year and Hunter only beat me by 5 strokes. Not too bad if you ask me. I think I have the bug now because I cannot wait until we go out again. Though- I hope if I ever golf a 68 again, it will be for a round of 18. Ha! We got home about 8:30 Sunday night.

Monday we went to Megan and Mitch's and hung out for the afternoon and had a BBQ. Good times. Dylan got hurt and broke his arm (scratch that- Orthopedist diagnosed it as nursemaid elbow) so mor elike a dislocation. Quinlin did great until the poor thing was laying on the floor, minding her own business when Owen rammed a car down the coffee table that went straight to her face. She shrieked like I have never heard her before and cried so hard I think she forgot to breathe for a moment. Poor thing- she'll be one tough cookie though from living with Owen! Such a terror. He didnt get a nap in (aside from the car ride) so we took him home and let him sleep until about 5:45. Bad idea. He was so cranky that come 7pm, we had him back in bed. The thunderstorms didnt help him sleeping and woke up thinking it was play time at about 8pm. Sean is such a softie too, he pulled him out of bed and let him play. I think about 10pm, he finally went to bed. Meanwhile, I watched Up in the Air (George Clooney). It was a really good movie- glad I saw it, though I was a little confused about the ending... I still dont think i know what happens? Sent back the netflix today. i think next on our list is the Blindside.

And back at work today... at least summer hours start and I do need to make a run to Pottery Barn to look for a couch for my boss's office, so hopefully only a few hours left until I leave today. Pictures from this weekend to follow once I get them off the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment