Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty low key weekend. They all seem to be that way lately. We're in the middle of a saving money kick, so not really planning as much to do. Friday night we were limited as we had to take Hunter and his buddy to the mall and then go back later to pick them up. It's so funny to think they are off doing their thing, walking around, talking to girls, seeing movies and then texting us when they're ready to come home. I feel like I was just doing those things myself!

Saturday morning we woke up and went to swim lessons. Owen took swim lessons when he was about 8 months old, but due to constant ear infections, we stopped going. So- we started it up again. Quinlin's class was first at 9:20am, and Owen's class started at 9:25am. I had a big fear that we would show up to swim lessons and both kids would want to swim with Sean, so I prepped Owen all week about he and I swimming together. When we got to class and Quinlin's class started, I looked around and no other parents were in bathing suits. Just the parents in the younger class. I asked the teacher and they said the 3 year olds go in on their own. No biggie I thought. Well- apparently it was a big deal. Owen wanted nothing to do with the class, leaving the side of the pool, etc. So they said I could go in with him and ease him in. After about 10 minutes, we all realized that he needed to be in Quinlin's class, and not with the 3 year olds. So- we swam with them and had a blast. It was so fun to be there together. Sean and I took turns on who had which child. Quinlin loved every second of it. She is fearless. Jumping in the water, learning to float, blowing bubbles. Once Owen got comfortable enough, class was ending. So- we'll see how we do next week. I may need to recruit Hunter to come with us and take some photos.

After swimming we rushed home and showered and then headed to Sean's parents house. He watched the kids and his dad and I went with my sister in law and his mom to look at living room furniture. She picked out a really nice set and hopefully will be delivered before the holidays. We came home, napped and hung out and then my parents joined us for dinner. I made crockpot cream cheese chicken and pumpkin pie. Since I got put in charge of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I thought I better practice! It turned out well, but I'm the only one who eats it in my house and I have a feeling it will be tossed before it gets finished. We stayed in Saturday night, got caught up on our jersey shore episodes and called it a day.

Sunday was uneventful. Watched some football, didn't feel great, etc. The daylight savings adjustment didn't phase the kids too badly but for some reason, we were all up at 7. We played around the house and Sean cleaned out his hunting closet and organized our storage room. The kids were so intrigued by the hunting items.
 I love the way she is looking at Owen in this picture.
 Practicing their deer calls
 "You cant see me"

And then there was Monday. My Monday that started great... we were up early and ready and out the door on time for work. I dropped the kids off at the daycare when one of the mom's pointed out that I had a flat. We knew my tire had a slow leak but were hoping to just keep filling with air. When I looked, it was fully flat. Luckily Sean left work and met me at the school and put the spare on.

 The culprit- a roofing nail.
 And my donut I had to drive on to get to work.
Luckily my office has a nice relationship with a local car dealer. I got to work, they picked up my car and brought it in for service. About 3pm, I got an email saying my car was back, the hole was plugged, the rim was fine and there was no charge. I lucked out for sure- we had visions of having to cut back on holiday spending if I had needed a new tire and rim. We still will cut back a bit... I like to think now.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh - olivia had my husbands head lamp on the other night while he was getting his stuff ready for hunting. way too funny!!!!