Friday, October 29, 2010
He wore a jumpsuit to their wedding and they had their honeymoon at the racetrack
Condoms were under the sink...was she condoning sex by even teaching her how to put it on the cucumber?
they named the baby Brody- a combo of Brooke and Cody
they wanted to buy a prefabbed barn to live in- though after seeing one, it was kind of cute.
 at 26 weeks she complained she wasstarting to get big and was uncomfortbale- not big at all. Suck it up.
 she wore a pink sweatsuit at her baby shower
I like the mom "I should not have to pick up a breast pad ever". I did like when she said I'm trying to help you learn how to be a wife and mother, and for you to be a husband and a father.
Loved every second of it... Brooke seemed to have a very supporting family... Unlike April, the mother of Catelynn on Teen Mom... Anyway- I will hopefully blog some recaps here and there throughout the season. Classic stuff- really!
Looking forward to the weekend! I am off of work today- hoping to get a good cleaning done on the house and get a jump start on the laundry. The kids are at daycare so I can really dig in. Aside from that, we have a Halloween Party to go to tomorrow night and Trick or Treating on Sunday. Have a great weekend!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
One more day until the weekend...and I dont work tomorrow. yippee!!!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Now on to Owen- we brought him back to the doctor with Quinlin because he still had his runny nose and cough. he was put on the antibiotics from his ENT but didnt get a full dose because Sean left if out and I threw it away assuming it was ruined since it says to refrigerate. So- his runny nose and cough came back since he didnt get the full dose prescribed to him. So- back on antibiotics he went for what she described as chronic rhinitis.
I lined up my parents to spend the day with Quinlin and went about my morning this morning dropping Owen off at daycare. I brought the antibiotic forms and the note from the doctor and they told me Owen couldnt stay. He needed to be on antibiotics 24 hours before bringing him back. I was pissed. I understand rules and guidelines... but I was pissed. One- I have brought him before in this exact same situation. Two- because I could have easily not told them that he was even on antibiotics. Three- he had been at the daycare- with no problems with his little runny nose...Four- his nasal drip was clear- not green- causing infection... Five- he already got two doses of the medication. Just a frustrating morning. I left there in tears, threw him in the car, drove home, dropped him with my parents and finally got to work- 45 minutes late. I am grateful my parents were over anyway, pissed how the daycare handled the situation, pissed that I didnt think he would be turned away, pissed I woke him up when he didnt have to get out of bed, pissed I had to go to work, pissed I was going to be late.
I think I'll have a drink....make that a double.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- Quinlin is sick.... I was a bad daycare mom and sent her to school today. She has a barky cough and was pulling on her ear. I gave her motrin and am waiting for her pediatrician's office to call me back to get us in for an appointment. Guilt.
- Annoyed with said pediatrician office. You call to schedule an appointment, yet the scheduler wont talk to you. You are then forced to verify your personal information just to get thrown into a voicemail anyway. I now sit waiting for a call back...it's been 20 minutes so far. Yet- they tell me when I first call that I may not be able to get in. But- they wont schedule you until 8am the day of anyway for sick visits. I could scream.
- Hunter is the slowest movie creature on this planet. I watched him make his lunch this morning... I swear, he was putting lunch meat on his sandwich one in slow motion and two, piece by piece. I dont know how he makes the school bus every day.
- My fantasy team still blows yet managed to muster a win this week. We're now 2-5... I sat Britt on the bench and cost me 40 points...
- The Browns won though- fantastic game played by defense and special teams!
- Pediatrician just called back... appointments for 7pm tonight. relief.
- Super excited for 16 & Pregnant to start tonight. Yet- where will I have the time to watch it?
- frustrating day at work and I have only been here for 40 minutes. Lets hope the day gets better.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Sunday- family was on the own- I had dinner out with friends. More on that later.
Monday- creamy ranch chicken with egg noodles and broccoli
Tuesday- beef tacos
Wednesday- Sean and I are having steaks on the grill- the kids will have burgers
Thursday- family on own- I have dinner plans with my friend Linda
Friday- bbq chicken, roasted potatoes
Saturday- Halloween party
Pretty easy week menu wise!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Monday- the dentist. Ick. 1 cavity. To be filled in November.
Tuesday- Hunter's sports awards and choir concert. Doesnt he look
Then there is Friday- busy day at work and then the weekend. Woot Woot!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
See above? That is the menu the daycare provides for lunches.... After Quinlin turned 9 months, I told them it was ok to start her on table foods. I thought we would go into it slowly, but my girl (mind you 75% weight) loves food! and to eat! So- I started her last week and its been a breeze. She's getting a balanced diet while attempting to eat real food. I still have her on rice cereal in the mornings in addition to a banana or fruit, but other than that, she's in it full force.
A friend asked me for good table food suggestions so I figured I'd put on here the things Owen ate at a year and also what Quinlin is venturing into:
Morning star farms broccoli cheese bites or spinach bites
Peas, carrots, squash cubes (in a microwave bag)
Turkey lunch meat
Kraft crumbles- or cheese cubes in small pieces
I started PB&J at 13 or 14 months for Owen (but watched carefully with the peanut)
French toast sticks
Eggs are good (though Owen hates them- we keep trying)
Strained soup- see below about Quinny- the soups provide good veggies in them
tacos- chicken or beef...cut into small pieces and eaten on a spoon to start
with Quinlin- she has gotten so far- chicken vegetable noodle soups- strained so she’s eating most everything but the broth
baked potatoes/mashed potatoes
Today on the menu at school for Owen and Quinlin is breakfast day- waffles, sausage, hashbrown, applesauce and milk. She should really like tomorrow too- chicken noodle casserole, green beans, peaches and milk.
I must say, one of the reasons we switched daycares, aside from the cost, was that the one we found provides breakfast, lunch, 2 snacks a day and is $400 cheaper a month (than if we would have stayed at Owen's old daycare. The food is such a HUGE advantage!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- I have so much to do! I am working on a huge project at work and it is taking over my world. I go to bed and dream about it, think about it, plan next steps. I love it...but cannot find a way to wrap my arms around the whole project to finish it. The good thing is- I kind of volunteered for this project. Anything to make myself more useful/valuable can only be a good thing, right? I'm waiting for my boss to come in today to check on my progress and let me know if I'm at least heading in the right direction. I think I am- and am, in fact, quite proud of what it is shaping up to be. It's art related, and because I work in the sports industry, this project is completely out of my expertise, but I'm getting there. I'm going to be an art pro before you know it!
- At home, I did not do any cleaning this weekend, aside from laundry. And- I'm ok with that. We spent the weekend at home, but my priorities were my children- all three of them. Hunter needed me because of his surgery, and the babies always need me, so my messy house can wait. I'm hoping to tackle something tonight. Once I get organized to a point, Sean said we can get a cleaning lady. Please let me get organized soon.
- The dentist last night wasnt that bad. I actually like him- and this is the first dental office I have been to where I dont get talked down to. One cavity- so could be worse. It just means I'm stuck going back in November. Yikes!
- I came home from the dentist and Owen was waiting for me- kept asking for me when I was gone. It totally melted my heart. I think his routine was thrown off a bit since I'm the one who always picks him up from daycare. So- it was nice to have some extra cuddle time with him.
- I missed out on cuddle time with Quinlin as she took a nap when I got home. So- I got to feed her her bottle at 7:45 and put her to bed. She decided she didnt have enough time with me and preceeded to wake up at 1:20am. Back to bed she went about 1:45 but I was up the rest of the night.
- Dropped Owen and Quinlin off this morning and Owen was especially clingy. I felt bad leaving. The guilt of being a working mom. Then more guilt as Sean told me about a co-worker (or someone) who has a 2 year old son who was just diagnosed with cancer. I cannot wait to pick my kids up today and hug them.
- Hunter is getting more and more independent. Has a sports banquet at 4:15 today and he is hanging out with his buddies after school at a local restaurant and then heading to his banquet (which I'll miss- again the guilt of being a working mom). I get to pick up the babies from daycare, run them home, pick up Hunter and take him to his choir concert. I wish I could be in two places at once.
- I cant get Adam Lambert's songs out of my head. Driving.Me.Crazy!
- Is it wrong that I love Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant? I'm incredibly excited for the new seasons to begin.
- My Fantasy Football team blows...
- The babies had their photoshoot with my friend Colleen Colleen Reed Photography and I am having trouble picking out which photos to get on a disc. They are all so good! Do you not die over this face?
Monday, October 18, 2010
Quinlin was a talking machine:
And then- there is this one...Owen's laugh cracks me up:
And- she was also a mover and a shaker this weekend!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Example- I went to college, had Hunter, left school, started up at local college to finish up, met a friend there who worked for a fortune 500 company, got a job, got referred to current job, moved to be closer to current job...love current job (6 years later) and house.
Example- my girlfriend planned a girls night out 5 years ago... I couldn't go- I didn't have a sitter and figured it wasn't that big of a deal. I got a sitter (neighborhood girl- knew the family) last minute and decided to go out. Met husband who only happened to be out for a bachelor's party and the rest is history. I seriously don't know if I would have met Sean had it not been for that night out.
Ok- blog world...new set of coincidences...
I was reading blogs one day and while reading my friend Gia's blog A Life In Progress I stumbled across Karen's blog Karen at Home and was intrigued. I loved her home decorating, her pregnancy stories and now of course, baby Jillian. Well- we started emailing and holy cow the coincidences...
Not only do we have sweet baby girls close in age, we have found out that...
- we went to the same college
- we dated guys who were friends with each other (though we dated them at different times)
- she lives in the city I used to live in, while I live on the side of town she used to live in
- we've been to the same parties
- in college, our sororities were right next door to each other
- Sean knows her "big" sister in her sorority
- she went to the same high school as my college roommate
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
For the stats- my little chunky monkey!!!
- Weight- 20 pounds, 4 oz (75%)
- Height- 26 3/4 inches (25%)
- Head- 16 3/4 inches (10%)
- She has two teeth (bottom front). still waiting on others to pop through.
- She still is in size 3 diapers
- She is now wearing 9 month and 12 month clothing. It's fun to dress her up in all her new outfits (I think I'm going for best dressed baby in her baby classroom).
- She still is on the same eating schedule (4 bottles a day with 5 oz in each and 3 meals a day) and still goes to bed between 8:30-9:00pm each night sleeping until we wake her at 6:30am to go to school or waking up naturally on her own around 7 or 7:30am on the weekends.
- She is not crawling yet, but scootches herself around. She rocks a bit but cant figure out how to get moving. I have a feeling though that this month may show us a bit of mobility.
(I had to repost this pic because she looks so stinking cute)
This is from this morning. I tried to get a quick picture of her. She smiled once and then tried to crawl away...
Have a great day!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Could he look any more miserable and pathetic? He looks like he was just placed in time out. Again- even if I dont order a picture (which I almost feel obligated to because I dont want to show favortism with my children) I still have to pick a picture for his class photo. Ugh.
Luckily I have a small halloween photo shoot scheduled with Colleen this weekend. She can get Owen to smile!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Quinlin still has her ear infection (and now a slight rash) so hoping she does ok being back at daycare for the day. I take her for her 9 month well visit tomorrow night and then will post her 9 month stats and her monthly review!
This is a busy week for us- lots of doctors appointments, Hunter's trip to DC for school, and lots of staying organized I hope. We did well with our menu planning last week- with a few variations and some dinners that we didnt make that will be pushed off to this week, but, our only night out on spending money for food was Saturday, which was planned, so no complaints from me. So- on to our menu for this week. Hopefully, we'll stay on it this week! for more ideas on items for the week- visit orgjunkie.com
Sunday- it was a fend for yourself dinner since we went to the football game. I dont even know what everyone ate, but Owen had grilled cheese
Monday- chicken fajitas
Tuesday- we're going to pick up either Subway or Boston Market since Quinlin has a 6pm doctor's appointment
Wednesday- Salisbury steak and baked potatoes
Thursday- chicken marsala
Friday- meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Saturday- chinese chicken and rice
The menu may change slightly at the end of the week. Hunter has oral surgery friday morning (5 teeth being pulled- yikes), so depending on the patient and his needs, we'll see how it goes!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
The house looks incredible. I'm amazed they are able to do these things so quick. They do make much of it prior to getting to the job site and just piece it together. The house is, I believe, about 3100 square feet. They dont use a garage because they cant drive so the builders built an office area where they can do their community outreach work. It truly looks amazing. I cannot wait for the show to air in December.