Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Hunter spent most of the weekend with his grandfather on his dad's side. I think he enjoyed himself. I missed having him around though. The babies were a joy though. Quinlin is really trying to form so many different sounds lately. it's funny to listen to them "talk" to each other. Owen was a sweet boy all weekend. No tantrums (until he stepped in dog poop and then was quaranteened to the house while sean cleaned up the yard and Owen's shoes). He even cooked a meal for us! Maybe if the basketball thing doesnt work out, he could open a restaurant? I want to buy him a play kitchen but may need to work the angle of it being for Quinlin...
Friday, May 21, 2010
- Holy shit when he shot Reed. Shocker
- Hilarious when Bailey was working on Charles with the patient (Mandy Moore) and she asked what was leaking and getting her wet and Mandy said it was her tears. Nice to see a vulnerable side for once
- Glad closure (maybe) has been determined in the Lexie, Sloan, Karev storyline. I did feel bad for Sloan when she was professing her love for Karev
- Meredith and Derek- heartbreaking. Heartbreaking seeing Derek get shot and Meredith watching. heartbreaking when they unhooked the machine to fool the shooter and watching Meredith fall to the ground. Heartbreaking that she then suffered a miscarriage.
- Glad that Derek lived (did I really expect him to die?)
- This episode totally ranked with the Denny dying episode, the George dying episode and the bomb squad where the bomb blew up episode.
Holy shit- cant stop thinking about it. Great, great tv! Then Q was up all night for some reason, not sure why, so I think I'm running on maybe 2 hours of sleep. All the more to add fuel to the fire for Sean as to why we should have gone to bed earlier. I dont regret it though. Great tv!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sunday the plan was to meet our realtor at the M home first, then a home in R and then on to our house. I must admit, I was biased to the R home. It would be easier to not have to move the kids from the district. So- we got to the M home and I still had the R home in the back of my mind and am kicking myself now. The M home has everything we ever wanted. 5 bedrooms, 3 car garage, gorgeous lot, beautiful landscaping, office, playroom, etc. We talked about Owen catching frogs in the creek next to the house, drinking coffee (not that we're even coffee drinkers) on the bench looking down onto the yard, having a hot tub on the stone patio. This was our dream! The price is right too- better if we could get it a little cheaper...
We fell in love, though I was still a little more leaning toward the R home (without seeing it). So we left M and drove there. It was immaculate and gorgeous. Sean thought it didnt feel homey, didnt like the price, thought there was a lot of wasted space, etc. So- we crossed it off our list immediately.
We came back to our house and walked through each room pointing out everything we had done- tiled the kitchen floor and backsplash, granite counters, stainless steel sink, stainless appliances, finished basement with full bathroom, etc. So proud of ourselves and the upgrades. In our minds, we thought we could sell for 30K over what we purchased it for. Well she crunched numbers and told us that wasnt happening. With the market the way it is, and other home sales in the area, we have too much competition and it wouldnt appraise for that. Then she told us about realtor fees, etc. So- the money we would get from the sale of our home, we would lose in fees/taxes, etc. So- I feel like, 6 years later, I have nothing to show for my home. No equity. How can that be? do we sell for sale by owner? do we sell with a realtor and keep saving?
We came to the decision that we dont need to move. We like our house. We would only sell it if we could get the price we want and the home we want. We dont want to sell and not like what we're moving into. So- if the M home is unavailable, we'll just stay where we are.
I do have a call into my realtor friend though in Columbus, just to get an unbiased opinion. And I will continue to secretly bitch out my neighbors who had to sell because of their divorce and ruined the property value of my home.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Well...it was a cute video until I realized I probably shouldnt post since he isnt wearing clothes (it was after bathtime). So- we'll go to our next favorite thing next to dancing... playing with balls.
and- I guess I'll include another one- Nothing exciting- he just has the sweetest smile...
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Sunday was mother's day. Once again, another holiday where I wished a happy day to me first to remind my household. I didnt need anything gift wise, I have everything I could ever wish for. But- one day, I would like to wake up to someone else saying it first. we'll see how my birthday plays out this year (as hands rub together).
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
You are having a blast at 21 months. Your favorite thing to do is be outside. whether you are playing basketball, playing on your new step 2 slide, going for walks, it doesnt matter. We have to bribe you with cookies to get you in the house. You also are very much enjoying playing with Adam who lives 2 doors down. It's so great, as I said before, to watch you explore and learn.
You are rough and tough and extremely high energy. I love watching you jump on the bed and laugh and laugh. I love hearing you say mama over and over again as I pick you up from school. I love watching you shoot hoops in the living room and talk to Quinlin as she watches from her swing. I wish I knew the stories you are telling her. I have a feeling your conversation goes something like "hey Q- watch this shot. dang I missed. Let me try again."
Lets see- some stats:
- You are in size 18-24 month pants and 24 month or 2T shirts
- You wear a size 6 shoe and size 4 diapers
- You are 26 pounds
- You can answer on your own the sounds of birds, lions, dogs, cats and cows
- you love to sleep and go down very easily. sometimes when you're tired you'll say "bye bye" and wave to tell me its time for bed. You also love to sleep on your back with your feet hanging out of the slats of the crib (or on your stomach with your butt in the air- though more often that position if you poop)
- you are starting to understand the potty- though I dont think you have any interest in actually using it. Your favorite thing is to grab the toilet paper, wipe and put it in (though you wipe over your clothes and diaper, not quite sure what you think you're wiping)
- you point out your body parts- eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, hair, knee, hand, feet, leg, toes, belly, butt, penis, manboobs
- your new favorite phrase is "what is this" or "this" as in this ball, this car
- words- onion, what is this, hippo, potty, shoe, bye, hi, all done, all gone, ball, slide, go outside, walk, car, cookie, bread, banana, apple, cheese, bed, sister, hunter, mama, dada. I'm sure there are more as you really are finally starting to talk up a storm
- you love bathtime and have recently started to go in the shower with daddy. You have learned to scrub your own hair and rinse the soap out (though our walls are getting very clean at the same time)
It's been a great month little man. I love you more and more each day!